Comissioner of Oaths

Commissioner of Oath for taking affidavits

A Commissioner of Oath for taking affidavits is a person who can administer an oath, affirmation or declaration to a person making an affidavit.

A Commissioner of Oath invariably affixes his/ her stamp on the following kinds of documents:

  • Affidavits to be filed in court proceedings -Small Claims Court, Family Court or civil court sworn before Commissioner of Oath authorized to take affidavits

  • Sworn statements for the transfer or family gift of a used motor vehicle

  • Documents required to obtain a variety of provincial government services, including applications for lost government cheques, child support or student loans, can often be sworn before a Commissioner of Oath

  • Documents required for municipal business, such as, applications for municipal licenses or zoning variances

  • Vehicle transfers

  • Insurance claims

  • Pension Plan documents

  • Birth and Death information applications as prescribed by Statute

  • Certification of identifiable individual’s signature

  • Drafting an Affidavit or Statutory Declaration including Commissioning

Moreover, we also provide these following services such as:

The following paragraphs are definitions of words.

​Affidavit It is a statement of facts or contents made by the affiant voluntarily under oath or affirmation. The affidavit is based upon either the personal knowledge of the affiant or his or her information and belief as true. Usually there are standard forms of affidavit unless otherwise to avoid any unrequired contents and language. Affidavits are used in business and in judicial and administrative proceedings.

​Affiant : A person who has knowledge of the facts and has capacity to take an oath or make an affirmation.


​OathIt is a solemn declaration that a statement is true is administered before a Commissioner of Oaths or a Notary Public. Oaths are oftenly used to confirm a written statement, an affidavit, for use in courts, estate, or land title transactions.


​Invitation LetterUsually this letter is written when an individual is applying for a visa to visit Canada. The letter is provided in good faith as a promise that the invited person shall be taken care of by the invitee. This more likes a promise. There is no specific form rather is written differently by different persons, however, should contain some required information which the immigration authorities are looking for in this letter.


​Consent Letter or Travel Consent LetterThis document is used for children carry a consent letter if they are travelling abroad alone, with only one parent/guardian, with friends or relatives or with a group. The letter demonstrates that Canadian children have permission to travel abroad from parents or guardians who are not accompanying them.
Carrying a consent letter does not guarantee that children will be allowed to enter or leave a country, as every country has its own entry and exit requirements.
Usually the letter is signed by every non-accompanying person or organization with the legal right to make major decisions for the child, including anyone with:custody rights, guardianship rights, parental authority, by any non-accompanying parent who has access to the child.
The is certified by a Notary Public who has the authority to administer oath or solemn declaration.

Link: http://travel.gc.ca/travelling/children/consent-letter

A commissioner for taking affidavits may take affidavits and administer other  legal oaths, affirmations or declarations within or outside Ontario.


​Statutory DeclarationIt is a written statement of fact signed in the presence of Commissioner or other authorized persons. It is invariably used not as a sworn statement rather to affirm something to be true for the purposes of satisfying some legal requirement or regulation when no other evidence is available.

If you have any concerns or questions about any of these services, please contact us
Frontier One for more information.